Tuesday 31 January 2017

Thick Adult Female Slippers, approx. Size 6 (Part 1)




 These slippers were made for a friend, and since patterns rarely turn out how I expect, I just made up my own. Every new pattern takes some trial and error, and for something that involves a pair, I had to write it down. I documented the process in photos as well in hopes of providing guidance.

These slippers are fairly small, about a size 6 in my stitching, made to fit the person they are for. My feet are larger so I can't model them to see what they look like on. Next time I make larger ones I will post those as well.

Getting Started

Materials:


I used Bernat Premium Yarn (available at Walmart), in a light grey, with white and red as accent colours. The red is Red Heart just because that's what I had. You can use whatever colour combo you'd like.
Crochet Hook: 5.5mm
You'll also need scissors and a yarn needle. A measuring tape may also be helpful to determine if your slippers will be a similar size.

Legend:
ch - chain
st - stitch(es)
sl st - slip stitch
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
hdc - half double crochet
fpdc - front post double crochet
fpdc2tog - front post double crochet 2 stitches together
bldc - double crochet in back loop

The Sole
Row 1:
ch 22
ch 2, sc x 3 in 3rd st from hook
Sc in next 6 st
Hdc in next 6 st
Dc in next 8 st
Dc x 6 in last st
Working along other side, dc in next 8 st
Hdc in next 6 st
Sc in next 6 st

Sl to top of beginning ch 2

You should have something that looks like this, and for gauge, mine is about 6 and 3/4 inches:





Row 2:
Ch 2, sc in same st
2 sc in next 3 st
Sc in next 6 st
Hdc in next 6 st
Dc in next 8 st
2 dc in next 6 st
Dc in next 8 st
Hdc in next 6 st
Sc in next 6 st

Sl st to top of beginning ch 2

Row 3:
Ch 3
2 dc in next st
(1 dc, 2 dc) x 3
Dc in next 20 st
(1 dc, 2dc) x 6
Dc in next 20 st
Sl st to top of beginning ch 3

The finished sole should look like this:

And now you can move on to part 2!





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You can go to the side menu on the right or older post below

      Delete
    2. top of page on the right side - 3 diff listing of Thick Adult Female Slippers

      Delete